10 July 2010

No Reservations: The Movie


I find that as I am getting older, my decisions are even more pressing. I see the choices being made around me, the circumstances, and wonder what I would do if that was me?..... I am seeing what it will take to hit my life long dreams, and its like trying to get a sip out of a fire hydrant... instead it just smacks you in the face and takes your breath away! Since cooking is my thing, just like you have your thing, I find deeper meanings in what I do in a kitchen. I wish there was a recipe for life... you know 8 cups of money is equal to 7 cups of work + 2 Tbsp. of good attitude + 2 Tbsp. of perseverance and so on...

What I appreciated so much about this movie (besides the food) was that the recipes we just throw together, tend to be the best ones! Not always, just like how we don't always make the right choices. What I do know to be true is that our choices say far more about us than our abilities. Also, we can make reservations to our favorite restaurants, and we can schedule till we are blue in the face (preaching to myself too) but life has no reservations! So, don't let relationships or situations keep you down if they don't go as planned (in your head), it wasn't like you ever had reservations to begin with!


No comments:

Post a Comment