26 January 2010

Skin Care Series, Part 3

So, I hope everyone has been all the more conscience about washing their beautiful faces every night! It's like the easiest, one thing we can do! I myself am starting to get dry skin just because I feel so very convicted, and I refuse to use my petroleum lotion! My skin is something I never want to skimp on. I have been blessed with soft skin, and I intend to keep it that way! I feel like we all have great God-given features that we can appreciate about ourselves, in a healthy non-vain way. 
I have to say my body butter is costing more now because I am in the process of ordering the unscented organic body butter made by Dr. Mercola. I am excited, and I will let you know how I like it! 
Let's finish up this Skin Care Series with what we still need to know about skin care and cosmetics. You now know what to avoid. Now, I am going to tell you what to look for and why!


Nourishing Your Skin:
• Whether we are willing to opt for the organic body butter or not, we all want healthy looking skin! 
• It is ideal to use products that pride themselves on using natural ingredients. 
• Some brands to check out are: Kiss My Face, Burt's Bees (I use currently),
 Dr. Mercola's Skin Care (I am purchasing), Physicians Formula (what I use), Saffron Rouge, Just Natural, Organic Wear (what I use), and much more. These are the most budget-friendly and bang for your buck.

Reminder: Look for the natural ingredients! Look for things you can pronounce and spell. 
Alcohol is a bad example of what I just said. Although we can spell it, we don't want that. It strips your skin's natural mantle. It also makes you more susceptible to bacteria. So, other than alcohol, look for ingredients you can pronounce. 
If you've recently been making lifestyle changes to better yourself- inside and out i.e. joining the gym, choosing more fruits and vegetables then you can consider this a lifestyle change for your skin. It may take some patience. I find myself some evenings forcing myself to wash my face. It takes 5 minutes! It's just creating a habit requires a little bit of patience at first. Not to worry, a few months from now, you'll be so glad you have made this choice to work towards a better, healthier skin!


Why Is Organic Important?
• It's important to use ingredients that help maintain healthy skin whenever possible instead of harmful chemicals. You choose healthy alternatives for you and your family, and now you have healthy alternatives for your skin as well.

Defining The Terms:
• "Certified Organic"- Agriculture products that are grown and processed per the USDA's national organic standards. It also has been certified through  by USDA accredited state and private certification organizations.
This does have red tape to go through whereas all other skin care lines and cosmetics do not. So, of course there is a price tag that comes with the label.
When you see this label, it should mean to you: it has a specific set of standards set by the USDA, extensive paperwork has been filled out, agents review the paper work to oversee eligibility, inspectors conduct on-site inspections without notification, and check for compliance in organic farming. This is what you're paying for when purchasing "certified organic".
I was going to include a list of natural or certified organic ingredients that have a hundred reasons why you should choose them over the synthetics most of us use. However, this is getting a little long, and I don't want be overwhelming with information. So, Part 4 will include ingredients you want to have in your skin care and cosmetics! So, stay tuned! To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment